- 2009 KAIST (Ph.D. – Bio and Brain Engineering)
- 2003 KAIST (M.S. – Computer Science)
- 2001 Sogang Univ. (B.S. – Computer Science)
- 2013.02 ~ Present GIST, Assistant Professor
- 2009.08-2013.02 UCSD, Postdoctoral researcher
- 2009.03-2009.07 KAIST, Postdoctoral researcher
- Computational Systems Biology Lab
Systems biology is an emerging research field that is a biology-based interdisciplinary study focusing on complex interactions of molecules, tissues, and cells within biological systems, using a more holistic perspective approach to biological and biomedical research.Our research interest covers developing various computational tools for solving biological problems. The research ranges from construction of mathematical/statistical algorithms to solve various problems in biological data analysis including molecular omics data sets and in silico modeling.The aims of the research are 1) identifying molecular signatures for disease diagnosis and treatment, and 2) developing framework for personalized medicine that proposes the customization of healthcare to the individual patient by use of each patient’s unique life profile in terms of genetic, phenotypic and environmental factors. The aim of personalized medicine is not only to develop patient-specific drug based on the differences amongst individuals, but also to personalize treatment in order to account for patient differences in disease development and drug response.