SIC Colloquium Schedule Information for 2015 Spring Semester
Dear SIC students,
I would like to inform you of SIC Colloquium schedule for 2015 Spring semester.
Please find the attached file.
* MS and Ph.D. Students have to take the SIC Colloquium (IC5001) for 2 semesters.
Please note that integrated students should take the SIC Colloquium for 4 semesters.
* Students who have registered for the SIC Colloquium in this semester must attend at leastfive times.
* Please attend the first SIC Colloquium on Thursday, April 3rd, 2:00pm at Haelim Hall in the SIC-B building.
For detailed information, please see the following:
Host: Prof. Kiseon Kim / Language: English
Friday, April 3, 2015, 14:30-16:00, Haerim Hall, SIC-B Bldg. 1st Floor
Basics of MBES: Numerical Simulation Technique for the Development of MBES
By Jea Soo Kim, PhD
Professor, Korea Maritime and Ocean University
In this talk, a numerical simulation technique to simulate MBES(Multi-Beam Echo Sounder) is presented covering the following subjects :
(1) physical process of transmitting the acoustical pulse : beam steering in time domain
(3) scattering from the seabed
(4) beamforming for the receiver
(5) processing the sea floor image